Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Chicken Florentine over Penne





I cannot tell you how excited I am about this recipe! Recently in the Rzepecki household we have kicked into "healthy" high gear in an effort to shed some remainder lbs from pregnancy #2 (yes both of us!). And so far our efforts are paying off.....

But, for those who know me, I do love to cook, so I am always on the lookout for tasty, healthy does not taste low fat recipes...enter Philadelphia's Chicken Florentine. Truth be told, at first I totally dismissed being able to use the new Philadelphia Cooking Cream , assuming they would have a gazzilion calories. But to my surprise the whole dish comes in under 400 calories (8 Weight Watcher points) AWESOME!! It is creamy, rich, tasty and HEALTHY!! Trust me you'll love it :)

Ingredients:

1 lb boneless skinless chicken, cut into bite-size pieces, seasoned with salt and pepper
1 red pepper, cut into strips
1 6 oz bag baby spinach
1 tub Philadelphia Cooking Cream, Savory Garlic
1/2 lb whole wheat Penne, cooked
2 tbsp toasted pine nuts (optional)



Directions:
Spray a large non-stick skillet with Pam. On Medium-High cook chicken and red pepper strips until chicken is no longer pink.

Add Spinach, cook until wilted, about 3 mins. Drain Cooking liquid except for 1 tbs.

Stir in cooking cream, cook for 3 mins

Toss with Pasta

Serve with grated Parmesan

ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment